But, until I've come up with a way of informing you (ooh, maybe I can post that bar chart I've been dreaming of every Monday morning!), my beloved readers, I guess I'll have to wing it.
So this week, we're in the kitchen. The big deal this month, for the kitchen, it to get a pantry and fill it with staples (the Perpetual Pantry). I'm doing pretty well so far:
- I have a pantry
- It is organized into categories, like "tomato sauce", "baking", "soup", and so forth.
- I keep a list on the fridge to write down items that we've run out of or are getting low on.
- I do often buy things that we just might never use. I am getting better about it, though!
- My freezer is not in any way organized.
- I don't even label and date things in the freezer!
- I do not have a list of "staples" to check against, to see if I'm missing any (but I don't know if I need it, since I have the list on the fridge...)
- Organize the freezer
- Start writing dates and labels on freezer items
- Find ways to use up weird things in the pantry
- Don't buy things at the store unless they are on the list and you know what you're going to do with them