Friday, April 21, 2006

Well, so much for that

Have you ever noticed, how once something is working for you, the second you mention it to other people, it all falss apart? It's happened that way when my son slept through the night, when he was momentarily potty-trained, when I was sure my morning sickness went away... and now it's happened with FLYLady.

I was doing so well. Past tense. I have managed to keep up with some of the simpler routines, but certianly nothing resembling decluttering this week. It's too bad, too, because I was really looking forward to this week, in the bedroom! It's just been a bad week. We did actually get other important things done instead, I guess. DH did mow the lawn yesterday. I did pruning outside on Wednesday. I've gotten to the store and made dinner. I'm kept up on laundry. I've even gotten to bed earlier, and gotten up earlier so I could have a little alone time in the morning. That's helped a lot, because I can get some nice work done at home in the morning when I'm at my most constructive.

We also have had The Boy out play play for over an hour every day, which he hasn't been getting a lot of before now, due to rain. But with all the being outside, it doesn't make it easier to clean inside! We also spent a fun time last night with the neighbors looking at stars. I guess we have gotten a lot done. Just different stuff, really. The living room isn't that far out of control, and the den is almost unchanged since it was cleaned, since The Boy hasn't really even been down there. I've kept up my swish & swipe in the bathrooms, too.

Okay, I guess I'm not doing too bad! Just missing out on my zone decluttering and my hotspots. I wish I laid out my clothes every day, but really it's not as big a deal when you have the laundry done and folded away, since it's so easy to find clothes!

Wow. I feel a lot better now. Thank you for listening, internet!

1 comment:

Dy said...

Um, you know, I often feel that way. I think stopping to look back and see the view from the end of the week makes it easier to see all that actually did get accomplished. Good stuff.

Anyhow, I've enjoyed you stopping to comment on the front porch and wanted to come say hello. :-)

Have a truly splendid week!
Dy